STRENGTHENING FAMILES PROGRAMME@FAMILY SERVICE CENTRE
WHAT WE DO
Strengthening Families Programme@Family Service Centre at Methodist Welfare Services (MWS FAM@FSC) aims to support couples facing marital challenges, and families showing early signs of stress. The programme provides marriage and divorce support, and family counselling in the Hougang / Sengkang / Serangoon districts and will be launched in July 2022. Families will also be able to access MWS FAM@FSC services through online platforms.
FAM@FSC is an initiative led by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF), and is part of MSF’s continuum of family programmes and services. FAM@FSC works with stakeholders, community partners and religious organisations to strengthen marriages and families, and will be available at various locations across Singapore, operated by various social service agencies.
- Pre-marital and marital counselling for all couples, especially those in early marriages and transnational marriages
- Slated to begin in 2023-2024
- For anyone experiencing stress due to family-related issues such as those in a marriage or divorce, parent-child relationships, among siblings or extended family
- Counselling aims towards understanding and resolving family or marital conflicts, and strengthening communication within the relationship
- For couples considering divorce or who require support after going through a divorce
- The programmes encourage cooperative co-parenting, while highlighting the impact divorce has on children
- Includes pre-divorce mandatory parenting programme, providing information and non-legal advice on divorce-related financial and housing issues, case management, counselling, support groups and evidence-based programmes to help families cope with changes in the family structure