MWS Covenant Family Service Centre
– Hougang and Buangkok
WHAT WE DO
Opened in 1987, we provide a continuous spectrum of services and programmes to meet the needs of the community living in Hougang. The outreach expanded to Buangkok in 2019.
Our preventative, developmental, and remedial programmes cater to individuals and families at different life stages.
Our professional staff guide families and individuals in distress towards the path of healing and restoration.
- Counselling and casework on issues such as family conflicts, interpersonal issues, marital disputes, parenting/child management, financial difficulties, abuse, and family violence
- Information & referral services to clients who need guidance and directions to community resources available
- Group work experience for children, parents, and individuals to help them work through relationship issues, parenting challenges, behavioural issues, among other issues
- Needs assessment conducted by the Psycho-educational and Support Group team, followed by therapeutic activities designed for families under our care
- Working with the client towards increasing advocacy and adaptability skills