MWS Family Service Centre – Yishun
WHAT WE DO
Opened in 2000, we provide a continuous spectrum of services and programmes to meet the needs of the community living in Yishun.
Our preventative, developmental, and remedial programmes cater to individuals and families at different life stages.
Together with grassroots organisations and other social service organisations, we endeavour to ensure the availability of resources for the community.
Our professional staff guide families and individuals in distress towards the path of healing and restoration.
- Counselling and casework on issues such as family conflicts, interpersonal issues, marital disputes, parenting/child management, financial difficulties, abuse, and family violence
- Information & referral services to clients who need guidance and directions to community resources available
- Collaboration with community partners, such as grassroots organisations (GROs), Social Service Office (SS), schools, and other SSOs to proactively identify and reach out to needy or vulnerable families in the Yishun community
- Needs assessment conducted by the Psycho-educational and Support Group team, followed by therapeutic activities designed for families under our care.
- Working with the client towards increasing advocacy and adaptability skills.
- Group work experience for children, parents, and individuals to help them work through relationship issues, parenting challenges, behavioural issues, among other issues.