MWS Home Care and MWS Home Hospice
WHAT WE DO
MWS Home Care and MWS Home Hospice provide home-based care for frail residents with chronic diseases living within our service boundaries (postal codes starting with 17-20, 37-39, 67-68) so they may age in place.
As part of MWS’ aim to provide seamless care through an integrated network, the MWS Home Care team also supports seniors from MWS Senior Activity Centres with the means to age in place.
MWS Home Hospice supports those with advanced diseases who need palliative care to manage pain, and fulfil their wish to spend their final days at home. Our teams of doctors, nurses and medical social workers make regular home visits and provide round-the-clock support.
Our professional team uses the person-centred approach which entail engagement with each patient and the family to understand their total needs. These may include medical care, nursing care, home personal care, as well as housekeeping, errand-running and assistance with Activities of Daily Living such as bathing, moving around, dressing, transferring, toileting and eating. All these support the pre-frail and frail to age in place.
- Home-based chronic disease management
- Personal care tasks such as assisted showering, diaper change, grooming; light housekeeping and elder-sitting/ respite care
Nursing & Rehabilitative Care
- Wound care; feeding tube and urine catheter changes, caregiver training, dementia counselling, medication management
- Improving functional ability, activity scheduling in dementia care, caregiver training, home environment assessment
- Coordination of care across services in the community and with hospital-based services, resourcing for financial and care options
- Medical, nursing and psycho-social-spiritual support to enable patients with advanced illnesses to remain in the comfort of their own homes
- Annual memorial service for bereaved families